Wednesday 5 November 2008

Hard to say I'm Sorry..

This is my another favorite from the same singer, a group that called themselves Chicago. This song is really touching. And in fact it's very down to earth type of song. Why do i say that?

Well, as a human being we all have our own pride and in that case, perception, that in some cases we will fight to protect it. It's all have something to do with perception. We might perceive something as right, let say blowing out our noses in front of others, but somebody may say that we are rude, have no manners at all. Honestly, if it's not because of what we believe, saying sorry does seem so hard to utter. Why? EGO?

Back to John Gray's book, Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus... Usually it was man who have this problem. Not denying that women have the same tendency as well, in general men have more pride in them for being the leader of anything, be it family, organisation or society.

This book let me into deeper understanding on myself as a woman, and helps me to understand my husband better for being a man. The one thing that we sometimes forget, how powerful the need to control others who surrounded us. Be it our spouse, siblings, children and even friends. This need then turn into conflict, for people who don't realise who is incharge or in control of any situation. In a smaller unit of society, a father or mother will fight with the children in order to gain control within the family. On the other hand, it was so frustrated to watch some people who try to gain control of a nation or a country in a very dirty way, be it with money or thro the military's mean.

Going back to the basis of Islamic teaching, husband and wife will live in harmony if those teachings were observed. The emphasis is on the responsibilities of both party. The need for the husband to be a leader in the house, and the understanding by the wife to reckon and respect that need. A leader in Islam of course not a dictator. The leader should give recognition on everyone's functions, thinking and needs.

Enjoy the song.. Let us all listen, understand and react..

Everybody needs a little time away
I heard her say
From each other

Even lovers need a holiday
Far away from each other

Hold me now
It's hard for me to say I'm sorry
I just want you to stay

After all that we've been through
I will make it up to you
I promise to

And after all that's been said and done
You're just a part of me I can't let go

Couldn't stand to be kept away
Just for a day
From your body
Wouldn't want to be swept away
Far away
From the one that I love

Hold me now
It is hard for me to say I'm sorry
I just want you to know
Hold me now
I really want to tell you I'm sorry
I could never let you go

After all that we've been through
I will make it up to you
I promise to

After all that's been said and done
You're just a part of me I can't let go

After all that we've been through
I will make it up to you
I promise to

No comments: